Share your knowledge, post technical queries or just showcase your passion for your Royal Enfield with like minded folk. Be a part of these discussions or browse through debates packed with loads of information, from the experts themselves in our archives.

thread

Consumables in Free Service Invoice?
  • Consumables in Free Service Invoice?

created by: Sandeep05:25 PMFri, January 29, 2016
  • Hi Royal Enfield,

I am an owner of Royal Enfield Electra 350 which i bought recently(07/01/2016).

I just had my first free service when i reached  500KM.

The dealers where i did my service changed the oil and fixed other minor problems i had. But when the bill came , there is a category "Consumables"  in the bill. When i asked them, they were not clear about it. So please explain what is this "Consumables" , since i already paid for the oil change and its called a "free service" , why should i pay for the "Consumables". 

Thanks

• Jagan Mohan Rao

09:09 PM Sat, January 30, 2016
  • Hi Royal Enfield,

I am an owner of Royal Enfield Electra 350 which i bought recently(07/01/2016).

I just had my first free service when i reached  500KM.

The dealers where i did my service changed the oil and fixed other minor problems i had. But when the bill came , there is a category "Consumables"  in the bill. When i asked them, they were not clear about it. So please explain what is this "Consumables" , since i already paid for the oil change and its called a "free service" , why should i pay for the "Consumables". 

Thanks

Consumables means at the time of service technition uses kirosin to wash some greesy parts,petrole to clean some parts,petrolium jelly to apply terminals of the battery,greese to apply axils and some friction parts and finally lubricant ie fresh engine oil or gear oil to lubricate chain and some other moving parts and also to topup dot-4 disc oil and fork oil.

• Manigandan Kamatham

05:34 PM Tue, February 2, 2016
  • Guys let me share my personal experience with by bull I purchased Classic 350 black in Jul 2014 and i love it to the core and the look and feel is fabulous. I went on a ride to Aleppy after my first service with one stupid service centre and the service is really sick and my first ride was really bad because of that service. But still i came back to Chennai and still i love my black bull. As soon as i entered Chennai, near Madavaram Bypass the Chain link has been broken and enquired with a local mechanic and he referred to I Speed Motors, near Purasaiwalkkam and i called them, they came and took the bike to their service centre and the service, trust me guys, really superb and for the last 6 months, i have not faced any problem with my bike even during floods in Chennai. I personally know one person there by name Mr. Venugopal G with Contact number 9094633716 and if you want you can contact him for personalized service to your bike and even in billing also there is no flaws and they commit the bill before they start providing service. This service centre is run in a professional manner.

• Manigandan Kamatham

05:35 PM Tue, February 2, 2016
  • Guys let me share my personal experience with by bull I purchased Classic 350 black in Jul 2014 and i love it to the core and the look and feel is fabulous. I went on a ride to Aleppy after my first service with one stupid service centre and the service is really sick and my first ride was really bad because of that service. But still i came back to Chennai and still i love my black bull. As soon as i entered Chennai, near Madavaram Bypass the Chain link has been broken and enquired with a local mechanic and he referred to I Speed Motors, near Purasaiwalkkam and i called them, they came and took the bike to their service centre and the service, trust me guys, really superb and for the last 6 months, i have not faced any problem with my bike even during floods in Chennai. I personally know one person there by name Mr. Venugopal G with Contact number 9094633716 and if you want you can contact him for personalized service to your bike and even in billing also there is no flaws and they commit the bill before they start providing service. This service centre is run in a professional manner.

• Ramakrishnan Pallipurath

02:38 PM Fri, February 5, 2016
  • Hi, You have an option. I might be of help to you, as I run own high-tech facility CUM training centre In-fact, a laboratory too) in Maraimalai Nagar, Chennai exclusively for RE Machines. Write to me at (pallipurath2009@gmail.com) Thank you, P Ramakrishnan B-Tech Mechanical Engg from NIT / REC +91-9841759591 (pallipurath2009@gmail.com)

• Ragav ShunmugamS

04:20 PM Fri, May 13, 2016
  • Dont believe in below ad which has been posted by ramakrishnan. He got received my 1973 machine and broke the sudden lever without knowing how to repair that and replaced the new. He charged 14k for Air filter change and water wash and gear box change. Please dont believe this guy as he posted all the good ads about him by himself. Note: He is posting the ads and performing a good marketing strategy and gaining the customers.