Share your knowledge, post technical queries or just showcase your passion for your Royal Enfield with like minded folk. Be a part of these discussions or browse through debates packed with loads of information, from the experts themselves in our archives.

thread

Cutting the Corners
  • Cutting the Corners

created by: Kunal 02:10 PMThu, January 28, 2016
  • I have recently bought an Electra (Blue) and owning a RE Bullet was always my dream. I must say that there is a price attached to the Bullet but the envious look which you receive when others see you riding one; is priceless.

Bullet has its own cult image and huge fan base....nothing to argue about. But I was little disappointed to see that even though the bike is selling at a premium price, it has seen a 43% jump in sales over the last year, I don't see any reason for RE to maximize profit by giving cheap materials. The most astonishing one is at the bottom of the tail lamp. The transparent portion, which passes the light on to the registration number plate - is not of hard plastic (which everyone gives) but of POLYTHENE instead...YES....Polythene...I couldn't believe myself, when I saw that. Secondly, on the right the rectangular box is of steel (Chrome plated) then why in the hell is the left side made of plain black plastic? Why not a same steel (chrome plated) box instead (like old days). Thirdly, Electra has decent amount of chrome thrown in, it would have been better if the ends of the handle bar was made of chrome instead of plastic (just like TB).

Makers of Bullet - please - take a note of the things - please provide all models with a fuel gauge and a better security system...we all love Bullet...and it is our love towards this bike which makes us more attached to it

• Jagan Mohan Rao

09:03 PM Thu, January 28, 2016
  • I have recently bought an Electra (Blue) and owning a RE Bullet was always my dream. I must say that there is a price attached to the Bullet but the envious look which you receive when others see you riding one; is priceless.

Bullet has its own cult image and huge fan base....nothing to argue about. But I was little disappointed to see that even though the bike is selling at a premium price, it has seen a 43% jump in sales over the last year, I don't see any reason for RE to maximize profit by giving cheap materials. The most astonishing one is at the bottom of the tail lamp. The transparent portion, which passes the light on to the registration number plate - is not of hard plastic (which everyone gives) but of POLYTHENE instead...YES....Polythene...I couldn't believe myself, when I saw that. Secondly, on the right the rectangular box is of steel (Chrome plated) then why in the hell is the left side made of plain black plastic? Why not a same steel (chrome plated) box instead (like old days). Thirdly, Electra has decent amount of chrome thrown in, it would have been better if the ends of the handle bar was made of chrome instead of plastic (just like TB).

Makers of Bullet - please - take a note of the things - please provide all models with a fuel gauge and a better security system...we all love Bullet...and it is our love towards this bike which makes us more attached to it

The ends of the handle bar provided are called DAMPERS.These are meant for to supress the aerodynamic oscillations.At the time of transport from factory to dealer the dampers were covered by plastic sleeves to avoid scraches on dampers are prone to touch with other parts.When the pre delivery inspection is completed the service persons in PDI removes these plastic sleeves to avoid slipping.So please remove those sleaves.Inside U see metal black colour dampers which are connectd to handle by L-key screws.

• Kunal Dutta

11:18 AM Fri, January 29, 2016
  • I get that - but a chrome plated dampers would look good, since there is a generous amount of chrome thrown in, in Electra. TB has it, nevertheless, something you got to do yourself. But rest of the issues (mentioned above) still persists and its a humble request to RE to take a note of that

• Ramakrishnan Pallipurath

02:43 PM Fri, February 5, 2016
  • Hi, You Have An Option. I Might Be Of Help To You, As I Run Own High-Tech Facility CUM Training Centre In-Fact, A Laboratory Too) In Maraimalai Nagar, Chennai Exclusively For RE Machines. Write To Me At (Pallipurath2009@Gmail.Com) Thank You, P Ramakrishnan B-Tech Mechanical Engg From NIT / REC +91-9841759591 (Pallipurath2009@Gmail.Com)