Share your knowledge, post technical queries or just showcase your passion for your Royal Enfield with like minded folk. Be a part of these discussions or browse through debates packed with loads of information, from the experts themselves in our archives.

thread

Electric start issue with gears
  • Electric start issue with gears

created by: bull12:12 AMSun, January 24, 2016
  • hey folks,

I am a big fan of RE and yes, i own this machine.
    Need some help with an issue. I am having trouble with using electric start when my bike is in gears. It pull the clutch lever and try to start it, but it does not. Though it works when in neutral and of course the kick start simply works.

Could anyone pls share any thoughts on this.

RE rocks!!!

• Jagan Mohan Rao

10:30 PM Mon, January 25, 2016
  • hey folks,

I am a big fan of RE and yes, i own this machine.
    Need some help with an issue. I am having trouble with using electric start when my bike is in gears. It pull the clutch lever and try to start it, but it does not. Though it works when in neutral and of course the kick start simply works.

Could anyone pls share any thoughts on this.

RE rocks!!!

There is a switch near clutch lever having three connections.One wire goes to starter relay which is engaged by a wire(brown which is comoing from neutral switch) when it is in neutral.Another wire is coming from ground(black)which is connected when it is in gear.So switch may damaged or the black wire from ground may disconnected.First replace the switch.Still if it is not working check ground wire.