Share your knowledge, post technical queries or just showcase your passion for your Royal Enfield with like minded folk. Be a part of these discussions or browse through debates packed with loads of information, from the experts themselves in our archives.

thread

RE Desert Storm ( Choke / Manual Bi Starter )
  • RE Desert Storm ( Choke / Manual Bi Starter )

created by: Rohit12:05 PMFri, January 22, 2016
  • Hello Everyone,

Purchased an RE Desert Storm just yesterday. Can anyone let me know how is the choke / manual bi starter for RE Desert Storm to be used? We need to hold it down physically all the time or is there any way to keep it locked whenever we engage it? My previous Electra 350 had a choke know which had to be pulled out while engaging it and pulled in once its role was over. But in case of RE Desert Storm, I am confused. Kindly throw a light on this. Thanks- Rohit 

• Jagan Mohan Rao

10:44 PM Mon, January 25, 2016
  • Hello Everyone,

Purchased an RE Desert Storm just yesterday. Can anyone let me know how is the choke / manual bi starter for RE Desert Storm to be used? We need to hold it down physically all the time or is there any way to keep it locked whenever we engage it? My previous Electra 350 had a choke know which had to be pulled out while engaging it and pulled in once its role was over. But in case of RE Desert Storm, I am confused. Kindly throw a light on this. Thanks- Rohit 

Choke is meant for to enrich the fuel for cold starting.Carburetter is different from EFI system.In EFI system when it is in cold starting the system(ECU) runs on closed loop ie fixed values.After warming ECU take over controle and runs in open loop ie as per the information from varoius sensores.If U forgot to close the choke the system always run in closed loop causes spark plug foul and exess fuel consumption.So dont try to keep it locked.

• Jay Marwa

09:06 AM Fri, January 13, 2017
  • Hi Jagan...can you help me with my problem. I got RE Desert Storm and it doesnt kick start at all. The mechanic here in New Zealand suggested not kick start. But it should kick start isnt it? Can you let me know the steps to start it. Thanks....

• Jay Marwa

09:06 AM Fri, January 13, 2017
  • Choke is meant for to enrich the fuel for cold starting.Carburetter is different from EFI system.In EFI system when it is in cold starting the system(ECU) runs on closed loop ie fixed values.After warming ECU take over controle and runs in open loop ie as per the information from varoius sensores.If U forgot to close the choke the system always run in closed loop causes spark plug foul and exess fuel consumption.So dont try to keep it locked.

Hi Jagan...can you help me with my problem. I got RE Desert Storm and it doesnt kick start at all. The mechanic here in New Zealand suggested not kick start. But it should kick start isnt it? Can you let me know the steps to start it. Thanks....