Share your knowledge, post technical queries or just showcase your passion for your Royal Enfield with like minded folk. Be a part of these discussions or browse through debates packed with loads of information, from the experts themselves in our archives.

thread

Rusted fuel tank
  • Rusted fuel tank

created by: geoff12:00 AMFri, September 17, 2004
  • Respected BULLETEERS
    I own a Machismo 1997 model, lately i have noticed that the inner side of the fuel tank is catching rust. The carb.. gets jammed quiet ofent. Is there any sort of paint/compound to stop the rust ?
    KINDLY HELP .......

• Imran Zakaria Bagha

12:00 AM Fri, October 1, 2004
  • Dear Bishwanath, I am repeating the advice given to me by an experienced and knowledgeable motorcyclist. "Try PETSEAL. It comes in a 100 ml container used for 1 tank. Instructions are on the can. Try United Automobiles on JC Road (Bangalore)." I will appreciate knowing your experience with this since I intend to use it too when I rebuild my 1974 Bull. Happy Riding!! Naozar R. Garda

• Imran Zakaria Bagha

12:00 AM Fri, October 1, 2004
  • Dear Bishwanath, I am repeating the advice given to me by an experienced and knowledgeable motorcyclist. "Try PETSEAL. It comes in a 100 ml container used for 1 tank. Instructions are on the can. Try United Automobiles on JC Road (Bangalore)." I will appreciate knowing your experience with this since I intend to use it too when I rebuild my 1974 Bull. Happy Riding!! Naozar R. Garda

I forgot to add that you should thoroughly clean the tank first. PETSEAL will prevent further rusting of the inside of the tank. Cheers !!! Naozar R. Garda.

• delton vaz

12:00 AM Wed, October 13, 2004
  • Epoxy coat the inside. Its done in Mumbai for about 200Rs.

• geoff mascarenhas

12:00 AM Sat, October 23, 2004
  • Alexvaz, Andrei and Naozar for your suggesion. But the main problem is that out of all the compounds named by u all none are available in Ranchi(my home town). Can anyone of u kindly suggest me a way to get the materials. Bye & thanks again.

• delton vaz

12:00 AM Mon, October 25, 2004
  • Alexvaz, Andrei and Naozar for your suggesion. But the main problem is that out of all the compounds named by u all none are available in Ranchi(my home town). Can anyone of u kindly suggest me a way to get the materials. Bye & thanks again.

If these things are not available in yorur home town then after cleaning the tank thoroughly, try getting an epoxy paint from a local hardware store and do it yourself.

• TeJas Bajrang Basate

08:46 PM Fri, August 21, 2015
  • can you please tell me where in mumbai..??? thnks in advance.

• TeJas Bajrang Basate

08:46 PM Fri, August 21, 2015
  • can you please tell me where in mumbai? thnks in advance.