Share your knowledge, post technical queries or just showcase your passion for your Royal Enfield with like minded folk. Be a part of these discussions or browse through debates packed with loads of information, from the experts themselves in our archives.

thread

Broader tyres for L 535
  • Broader tyres for L 535

created by: ajay12:00 AMMon, July 12, 2004
  • I would like to go for a wider rear tyre for my Lightning 535 preferably 140 X 70 X 18. I know that certain modifications are to done on the swingarm. But I'm afraid of the overall ratio and the maximum speed. Is there anyone with the same modifications done on any Enfield? Then, you are the right hero, I'm looking for!
    Regards,
    A.R.M. Unni.

• harsharan singh

12:00 AM Sat, July 17, 2004
  • to go any wider than,3.5..u will need wider rims
    finding tyres in india may b a problem....good luck

• ajay vaishnav

12:00 AM Sun, July 18, 2004
  • to go any wider than,3.5..u will need wider rims
    finding tyres in india may b a problem....good luck

Dear Mr. Jack: I'm happy to had your reply.Thanks Mr. Jack. Well, do you have some ideas regarding my topic in your mind?

Regards,
    A.R.M. Unni.

• kinley wangchuk

12:00 AM Sun, August 1, 2004
  • I have changed my rear tyre by 190x60x15 Duro on my TB. What i have noticed so far is that pick up has reduced a little bit but the top speed is still the same. If you r going for a bigger tyre then please make sure that the alingment is right. I am still working on it and will let you know

• ajay vaishnav

12:00 AM Wed, September 1, 2004
  • I have changed my rear tyre by 190x60x15 Duro on my TB. What i have noticed so far is that pick up has reduced a little bit but the top speed is still the same. If you r going for a bigger tyre then please make sure that the alingment is right. I am still working on it and will let you know

Thanks for your message. I've successfully done the task there by fitting a 130 X 90 X 18 Duro. With this modification, everything is perfect.

Regards,
    A.R.M. Unni.

• kinley wangchuk

12:00 AM Sun, September 12, 2004

150/90x15 not (190/60 typo error)