Share your knowledge, post technical queries or just showcase your passion for your Royal Enfield with like minded folk. Be a part of these discussions or browse through debates packed with loads of information, from the experts themselves in our archives.

thread

Which silencer for the Thunderbird
  • Which silencer for the Thunderbird

created by: renjith12:00 AMMon, February 9, 2004
  • Fellas, I have booked new TB. I m definately gonna change the silencer, I just hate the current one. Now I want to know which of the following is good for a thump.
    1. New 2004 electra glass wool filled or
    2. Short bottle, the old model.

Please respond soon as I am getting my bike today. I want to take her home with proper thump.

• Navin k

12:00 AM Tue, February 10, 2004
  • i own a new t'bird. it is better to go for the gold star type.when u get ur thunder bird ask the dealer to take the original silencers off and it is better to switch to gas shox. if the dealer has not got one get one from outside and return the original shox for the same price to the dealer himself. i have installed the gas shox and it is really really good.from the first day use speed or speed 93.the cost is a bit more but i have noticed a lotta changes in my bike moreover the ignition knock has reduced very much.go on maaaan!! thump thump thump!!!

• Ashish Tiwari

12:00 AM Fri, March 5, 2004
  • it sounds the best and doesnt require maintenance like the glasswool filled one.
    cheers,
    vish

• Shivam Gautom

10:04 PM Thu, December 20, 2012
  • Get the punjab dholki, fre flow. . The thump kicks ass !

• Manu Punith

10:53 PM Fri, February 1, 2013
  • and how about pricing?

• Gaurav Roy

10:38 PM Thu, August 15, 2013
  • Get the punjab dholki, fre flow. . The thump kicks ass !

I have Thunderbird 350 2012 model. I got a punjab silencer fitted to it about a month back. My bike about an year old by now. Suddenly i am noticing that its making more sound than before and a blast kind of sound whenever the acceleration goes down and bike is still on the move. sonetimes even i shift gears there is a blast sound. any solutions??

• Ashok Rider

10:00 PM Thu, August 29, 2013
  • hello mr.gaurav check ur silencer thoroughly once, small pores may be formed on the exhaust bend pipe, i too faced the same problem after that i gave it to a welder and he filled those patches ny welding

• Akshay PatilPatil

05:34 PM Mon, January 13, 2014
  • hello mr.gaurav check ur silencer thoroughly once, small pores may be formed on the exhaust bend pipe, i too faced the same problem after that i gave it to a welder and he filled those patches ny welding

I have a new model of Thunderbird 350 cc and I have fit in a "Wild Boar" . Sounds gr8 and has good THUMP as well. No drop in the performance as well. Well , it looks gr8 as well with its curved edge.....A good buy.

• Karunakaran TK

09:40 PM Fri, March 21, 2014
  • I have a new model of Thunderbird 350 cc and I have fit in a "Wild Boar" . Sounds gr8 and has good THUMP as well. No drop in the performance as well. Well , it looks gr8 as well with its curved edge.....A good buy.

Hi Akshay, Wanted to ask you about the Wild Boar. Do you have any idea about who manufactures this silencer? I am planning to get one for my 2009 TBTS. How much did it cost you? How do you feel about the performance presently?Thanks in advance.

• ashik thasneem

08:31 AM Sun, October 19, 2014
  • u r vehicle is TB 2004 model best to fit "wild boar" glass wool silencer from Bangalore it sounds great... all our customers like it and more of the bulleteers have gave order to us for the particular silencer best buy ashik

• Pradip Nath

01:19 AM Sat, July 11, 2015
  • Hi Akshay, Wanted to ask you about the Wild Boar. Do you have any idea about who manufactures this silencer? I am planning to get one for my 2009 TBTS. How much did it cost you? How do you feel about the performance presently?Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am interested about royalenfild, pls give some advice Nath