Share your knowledge, post technical queries or just showcase your passion for your Royal Enfield with like minded folk. Be a part of these discussions or browse through debates packed with loads of information, from the experts themselves in our archives.

thread

Oil Leakage from Engine
  • Oil Leakage from Engine

created by: Harsha12:00 AMWed, February 4, 2004
  • Can any one throw light on it .The possible solution

• MANOJ KUMAR NEGI

12:00 AM Wed, February 11, 2004
  • you want me to make it leak... send it to me .. no actually i dont mean like a bloody oil spill coming out of the engine. but the enfield will leak it just will. you dont even know for one year it was i struck oil it would leak so much ....

• mughilan ramajayam

12:00 AM Wed, February 11, 2004
  • well dew as i mentioned in my earlier replies and we discussed that u are real lucky to have a bull with no oil leaks. Mine does and this is normal. No oil leaks cannot answer this remains a ????
    miltz

• Chacko Jacob

12:00 AM Thu, February 12, 2004
  • you want me to make it leak... send it to me .. no actually i dont mean like a bloody oil spill coming out of the engine. but the enfield will leak it just will. you dont even know for one year it was i struck oil it would leak so much ....

To tell the truth, if I dont wipe the chain clean, it will drip from there when I oil it.

• MANOJ KUMAR NEGI

12:00 AM Fri, February 13, 2004
  • well dew as i mentioned in my earlier replies and we discussed that u are real lucky to have a bull with no oil leaks. Mine does and this is normal. No oil leaks cannot answer this remains a ????
    miltz

i have never heard of one not leaking .. dude you are damn lucky the engine always everyone i have ever know and every bike i have ever seen ..

• Ashish Tiwari

12:00 AM Fri, March 5, 2004
  • and keep doing it, or get your favorite mechie to do so. on my tbird i had to get the gearbox oil seal replaced and apparently all the remaining bolts tighened, to stop the leaks :-))
    cheers,
    vish

• MANOJ KUMAR NEGI

12:00 AM Tue, March 16, 2004
  • Well guys i was up in the mountains on Sunday with a friend on an Electra and were zipping down the mountain when i took a little bump and when i readjusted my foot on the peg it slipped i looked down at the left foot and my leg, my bike and my cramsters were covered in oil (the Breather pipe had split and oil was spewing everywhere on the road the bike behind me and well the weird thing was there was no oil left in the bike i caught it in time coz i bought 2 ltrs of oil which the bike drank up.. IT was weird i know all of you are like the fool screwed his piston and well the bike is F!@#$% but no only the rings have to be changed :).. thought i would share this little piece of info with all the people who see a little oil on their bikes. I had 2 lts of it all over my left side :) maybe i am going on and on because it is so late

• Swaroop mc

02:08 PM Sun, April 20, 2014
  • Hi guys, My new 350cc Electra with 300km run has a mfg defect..u wont beleive that the QA team in the factory has to be sleeping to put a OK sticker near a area where the oil seal is not fixed properly and poping out of the engine and oil is leaking....

• Shrikant Pardeshi

07:27 PM Sun, November 2, 2014
  • Hi guys, i recently purchased TB350 after 2300 km i have seen that the oil is leakage from the top of engine where 2 screw is placed. First service is done there is no iasues intially but after 1500 km there is a problem.

• Ramakrishnan Pallipurath

11:01 AM Mon, March 30, 2015
  • Hi, Now, glad to invite you to my exclusive laboratory / service centre for RE Machines @ Maraimalai Nagar, Chennai, on GST Road itself near Ford Car Factory. Google Earth Co-ordinates: 12 Deg - 47’ - 28.88” North 80 Deg - 01’ - 04.05” East Fired by Ambition – Powered by Technology. Where Know-How meets DO-HOW We offer: Apart from regular maintenace assitance, we offer short term courses for maintenance of RE Machines too, and the course would contain, as a minimum: 1) Practical training for day to day maintenance issues, duration 8 hrs per day for 2 or 3 days. 2) Theory class with explanation on all technical aspects (bare minimum technical knowledge is expected from the trainee) 3) Handouts, for all portion covered for training. Elevated training stuff also could be possible on mutually agreeable terms and conditions. Thank you, P Ramakrishnan B-Tech in Mechanical Engineering (NIT / REC Calicut, Kerala). +91-9841759591 Royal Enfield Clinic Oppt. IOCL Petrol Outlet, GST Road, Maraimalai Nager (Near FORD Car Factory) pallipurath2009@gmail.com pallipurath2000@yahoo.com

• man mohan lal

04:58 PM Thu, April 5, 2018
  • Can any one throw light on it .The possible solution

sarvice kitne km pr karani chahiye

• Musafir on Highway

04:07 PM Mon, July 9, 2018
  • Change the oil cork bush beneath