Share your knowledge, post technical queries or just showcase your passion for your Royal Enfield with like minded folk. Be a part of these discussions or browse through debates packed with loads of information, from the experts themselves in our archives.

thread

24 endurance test
  • 24 endurance test

created by: LIJIN12:00 AMMon, January 26, 2004
  • Hi all,

Guys I am shocked when is see the herohonda 24 hour's karizma test detail's --- i am amazed the figures they post 24 hrs test average speed 105 kmph .. Mind brusher --- WoW "if it is true"..

Where do we Stand?

Your's comments

• Navin k

12:00 AM Wed, January 28, 2004
  • that was a good thought.but why didn't the overdrive people think that there are some challengrs from the RE'S.they should also experiment an RE and know that these bulls are more capable to accept the open challenge given by karizma.i bet the re's will do better than karizma. cheers.

• MANOJ KUMAR NEGI

12:00 AM Thu, January 29, 2004
  • well you got that right what is 24 hours in front of decades right ... Karizma yep that test has proved to me that i must pick it up because it did an average speed of 105 but how badly screwed up was the guy who rode it after teh 24 hours and how many chicks did he pick up and did he feel like no one would screw with him on the road these are the things i want to know :).

Screw the test conditions you test something to prove a point we dont need to prove a point fine our bikes may be slower and not as advanced as the new tin cans but hey we have soul, history and brotherhood so tell em to
    F!@# off..

These view are solely my own and i take full resposibility for them I am a call it as you see it kinda guy hence I sound kinda rude to most people ( not like i care but hey its better to explain than getting all that flak) :) ok ok thats all i got to say......

• Hemant Verma

12:00 AM Fri, January 30, 2004
  • I guess.. as per Overdrive Reports say.. karizma stands out top in the Indian Market of Indian Bikes.. well OFcourse RE's dont need to give ne test or ne thing to prove something... REs off age for such things.. well we need to accept I guess ... that a bike of lesser Cubic Capacity tands out better than a RE.. well Personal Feelings once again.. Think about it for a moment... in peace... U think ur RE bike will stand such kind of a test.. It wont.. :-( You need to take that.. well once again just personal thoughts with no intentions against ne body..
    Godspeed

Peace to all
    Navnit

• Chacko Jacob

• Dont know about running a RE for 24 hrs, but I do know that a DRS RE500 has won its class against bikes such as the legendary BSA Goldstar and Norton 500 singles. This was in vintage racing in the US. For more info there is an article on the home page of this site. Happy reading, DEW.

• Shashi Bhushan Velasiri

• Firends, In my opinion what Hero Honda did was to show off they have made some nice Engineering plastic with latest technology. No comparison man between a Bullet and all new fascinations. Horses to Donkeys. Bullet is Bullet and it lives forever as Shriram mentioned my daughter and her son/daughter will drive my Bullet after me. You should see the tone and guts when some one tells I have a ROYAL ENFIELD BULLET. Stay calm and don't get shattered with those kinds of tests. Magazines do this kind of tests to stimulate senses of people. But that won't work incase of Bullets. Believe me all the British classis bikes of the last century went to heaven except Royal Enfield and Triumph. I think this is enough to prove what a RE means.

• mughilan ramajayam

• you can do a 24 hour test but in the speed range varying between 80 and 100 as this bike will have all sorts of hiccups running at high speeds.
    You have to accept the fact that Karizma has done the 24 hour test at an average 105kmph which is certainly not possible for this bike. Shogun and rx the ultimate 2 strokers had to leave the arena due to pollution norms but in case would never get the image of an Enfield.
    WILL U BE RIDING ON THE HIGHWAYS FOR 24 HOURS AT 105KMPH ALL DAY CERTAINLY NOT.
    A WELL MAINATINED BULLET WILL CRUISE BETWEEN 80 AND 100 ALL DAY WITH SOME BRIEF STOPS FOR 365 DAYS MOREOVER THIS IS A BIKE WHICH WILL LIVE FOR GENERATIONS AND FINALLY IF YOU WANT ATTITUDE THEN THE BULL IS FOR YOU.
    MILTZ

• LIJIN RAJ

• Yes Guys...

U all r right we do not need to prove a point --- RE always proved it's class and stability time and again there is nothing to argue....

And I can say WE R THE BEST.. not coz i have a RE but others do not have It
    HEHEHE..

Bye :-)

• mughilan ramajayam

12:00 AM Tue, February 3, 2004
  • well you got that right what is 24 hours in front of decades right ... Karizma yep that test has proved to me that i must pick it up because it did an average speed of 105 but how badly screwed up was the guy who rode it after teh 24 hours and how many chicks did he pick up and did he feel like no one would screw with him on the road these are the things i want to know :).

Screw the test conditions you test something to prove a point we dont need to prove a point fine our bikes may be slower and not as advanced as the new tin cans but hey we have soul, history and brotherhood so tell em to
    F!@# off..

These view are solely my own and i take full resposibility for them I am a call it as you see it kinda guy hence I sound kinda rude to most people ( not like i care but hey its better to explain than getting all that flak) :) ok ok thats all i got to say......

I WAS JUST SEEING YOUR BIKE AND NOTE THAT IT IS A MODEL PRIOR TO 1995 CAN YOU LET ME KNOW THE MODEL YEAR AS MINE IS 92 JUST FOR INFO NOTHING PERSONAL.
    MILTZ

• Rahul Suresh

12:00 AM Wed, February 4, 2004
  • Instead of degrading to make ourselves look better, we should congratulate Hero Honda for the successful testing. So many other bikes like these come and perish in sands of time, how does this one matter to us? The real test of pudding is in eating it... and we all know what we want to eat, so no hassles, right!!? No threats from any 'miracles' or 'passions', we are above all these issues.......

• Vinod Kumar Guruprasad

12:00 AM Wed, February 4, 2004
  • Hero Honda didn't prove nothin. Overdrive (the better auto magazine in India) decided to push performance beyond its notch. N yeah they tested the Karizma(Kar-idz-ma) n the Maruti Alto. Basically this says one thing, Indian machines have wt it takles.
    Come to the Bullet, n like all of u say, v don't need to prove our bulls. V will always outdo the rest, (come rain or snow blah blah....)
    V can run our bulls longer and harder than any machine n at the end of it they will be ready to go on a trip all over again!!

• Noushad Abdul rahman

12:00 AM Thu, February 5, 2004
  • Dude,there are hitech plastic toys which can do wonders.Afterall they are for kids,lets talk about man & machine.

• Hemant Verma

12:00 AM Fri, February 6, 2004
  • year old house?.... You know its a legacy that you are living in.. but deepinside also u kno for sure that this house is built on weak stones which were strong during THOSE days.. Technologically.. your house would fall anyday... well Just my personal thoghts.. The bullet ofcorse doesnt have to prove itself on any fronts.. well.. deep inside u n I kno that it is built on a technology worn out of time.
    All these tin cans are still technologically ahead of us.. :-(
    well Who cares.. Bridges those were built by the british in our country for Rails.. are still strong and surviving and are much Reliable than those built on modern technology.. right?
    that should make a lot of us feel Happy :->

Peace To all
    Navnit

• Chacko Jacob

12:00 AM Fri, February 6, 2004
  • Hell, we have mopeds that will go faster than 105 kmph (about 60 mph). I still love my RE best. It gives me that warm fuzzy feeling!!!! Hahahaha!!!!