Share your knowledge, post technical queries or just showcase your passion for your Royal Enfield with like minded folk. Be a part of these discussions or browse through debates packed with loads of information, from the experts themselves in our archives.

thread

Widest Tyres
  • Widest Tyres

created by: Avneet12:00 AMFri, December 19, 2003
  • Hello Bulletiers,
    I want to fit a real big fat tyre on my Bullet 500. Doesn't matter how much fuel it consumes as long as it is safe and look realy cool..that's ok with me.
    Can you guys tell me the biggest you can fit and How and if possible how much does it will cost me?
    Cheers guys
    Have fun, Ride safe and Ride bullet.

• MANOJ KUMAR NEGI

12:00 AM Mon, January 5, 2004
  • well the biggest tire in india is the tire the eliminator comes with as far as i know all the modifications needed are changing the rim and very minor modifications this is what someone who got it done told me so its kinda second hand infromation.

• mughilan ramajayam

12:00 AM Tue, January 27, 2004
  • hi gautam
    well for the 120/90 -19 you dont need any modifications to the swingarm.

The Swingarm of the Enfield is narrow near the engine and gets wider at the axle. So by using a smaller dia say 17" or 16" rim you will be able to see the difference with tyre clearance at the swing.

I WOULD SUGGEST NOT TO DO ANY MODIFICATIONS TO THE S/ARM UNLESS YOU HAVE A REAL GOOD TECHY GUY WHO CAN HELP YOU WIDEN IT AS IT WILL HAVE SERIOUS EFFECTS ON HANDLING AND FINAL DRIVE.

in my parking space i have Anand's Red Bull which has a 120 though the image is not detailed.
    Miltz

• mughilan ramajayam

12:00 AM Tue, January 27, 2004
  • well the biggest tire in india is the tire the eliminator comes with as far as i know all the modifications needed are changing the rim and very minor modifications this is what someone who got it done told me so its kinda second hand infromation.

refer to my reply to gautam (120 rear)
    The bulls swingarm are not parallel all the way. reducing to a lower rim size is the option as this will help the tyre take advantage of this little allowance that you can get. or If you have a good tech guy skilled then u should be able to get the arms modified.
    miltz

• mughilan ramajayam

12:00 AM Tue, February 3, 2004
  • hi big guy,
    there is a site www.duro.com.tw which has all info on the tyre sizes.
    i would suggest since you are not so keen on top end speed its better you go down to a 15 or 16 rim and that way you will get the required swing arm clearance and a much fatter, better, macho look.Also try to get atleast 80 spec for the tyrewall 90 would be best as otherwise the profile will look low.
    For the 19 the fat tyre will look odd.
    Miltz

• ashish Verma

11:50 PM Mon, October 6, 2014
  • hi gautam
    well for the 120/90 -19 you dont need any modifications to the swingarm.

The Swingarm of the Enfield is narrow near the engine and gets wider at the axle. So by using a smaller dia say 17" or 16" rim you will be able to see the difference with tyre clearance at the swing.

I WOULD SUGGEST NOT TO DO ANY MODIFICATIONS TO THE S/ARM UNLESS YOU HAVE A REAL GOOD TECHY GUY WHO CAN HELP YOU WIDEN IT AS IT WILL HAVE SERIOUS EFFECTS ON HANDLING AND FINAL DRIVE.

in my parking space i have Anand's Red Bull which has a 120 though the image is not detailed.
    Miltz

Can anybody help me in finding the Rear tyre for my Bull with description 140/90/15 as i have done everything ready except the availability of rear tyre as i have 15 inch rear rim in Delhi or Chandigarh, Please E-mail me @... ashish_verma1006@yahoo.co.in

• Vignesh Satheeswaran

11:46 PM Mon, March 30, 2015
  • Hi I am planning to put on bigger tyres in 1990 bullet 350. Its running on 3.25 -19 on alloy wheel. Suggestions are appreciated to upgrade to bigger tubeless that fits the wheels perfectly and type size like 120/90 -19 is avaliable.