Share your knowledge, post technical queries or just showcase your passion for your Royal Enfield with like minded folk. Be a part of these discussions or browse through debates packed with loads of information, from the experts themselves in our archives.

thread

AVL CAM gear in CI engine
  • AVL CAM gear in CI engine

created by: Chetan N12:00 AMThu, December 14, 2006
  • Hi guys, I want to put the AVL cam gear which has a larger lobe in the std cast iron engine. The mech says I'll have to shorten the tappet rods to do this. Have anyone of you done this and could any of you guys comment on this?

• Abhimanyu Bundela

12:00 AM Sat, December 16, 2006
  • Cam profiles are very very carefully designed parts. The profile of the cam controls how your engine iperates. The opening and closing of valves etc.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CRICUMSTANCEs, try to change the cam gear to that of an AVL. There are performance cams available for the standard 350, get those instead

• DIVESH KANGA

12:00 AM Sun, December 17, 2006
  • Cam profiles are very very carefully designed parts. The profile of the cam controls how your engine iperates. The opening and closing of valves etc.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CRICUMSTANCEs, try to change the cam gear to that of an AVL. There are performance cams available for the standard 350, get those instead

hey gagan
    where r the performance cams available?
    i'd love to get my hands on a decent set if available in india

and as far as the cams of the avl are concerned, they can ofcourse be put on the ci engine....but the modifications are extensive and if not done properly will ruin the engine

• Harish Singh

12:00 AM Mon, January 22, 2007
  • 1. the compression is raised..other wise ur low rpm pull wil go for a toss..
    btw..but why u want to rev high on a std bullet ???!!!

2. machine the crank case to fit the bigger cams..

3. do not use the stock springs with these cams..becuse of chances of coil binding at high rpms..go for competetion springs ( i saw them on one of the us store sites etc )..

4.tell us all how it went for u !!!

cheers and good luck !!

• nitin kumar

12:00 AM Mon, February 12, 2007
  • Hello,
    Any one knows the AVL Cams Timing ( Opening .closing and the lift)? Before , fitting them..

And besides the cams what about fitting the AVL timing cover...so it'd help of more oil flaw...

BTW, Guess to fit Cams u have to do some work in the carnkcase... that's set...

Plz try to find out the AVL cams Timing.

Good Luck..

• Mathan Kumar Rangaswamy

12:00 AM Fri, April 25, 2008
  • I want to know if CI head can be fitted on an AVL 350.