Share your knowledge, post technical queries or just showcase your passion for your Royal Enfield with like minded folk. Be a part of these discussions or browse through debates packed with loads of information, from the experts themselves in our archives.

thread

Standard 350 mileage
  • Standard 350 mileage

created by: Selvakumar12:16 PMFri, May 17, 2013
  • i have a RE std 350 purchased last year October> Before my first service mileage is around 48 n after that it gave me 45  and now i have a mileage of 40 after my third service. Whats the reason? i drive at a normal speed of 55km/hr. Whether Compression ratio adjustments will affect the mileage> I need my RE to be around 45kmpl. Advice on this

• Anand Reddy

11:27 PM Sat, August 3, 2013
  • well .. its surprising ... for my std-350 ... I never got more than 35 for initial 800 km ... now its crossed 1000 and i get abt 38 .... never got the 40 figure ... :(

• Anand Reddy

11:28 PM Sat, August 3, 2013
  • to add I always drove in heavy traffic not more than 50kmph ...

• Ketan Chauhan

06:28 PM Tue, August 13, 2013
  • Hi Anand...in my case its giving me the constant average of 42 KMPL from the first day I started riding my bike. I should add that sometimes bike tyre pressure also plays an important role in deciding the average of your bike as well as ur riding skills too. If your bike is being used single handed then this problem should not have arise also in my case i always keeps my bike PSI at 25 in the front and 35 in the rear and never exceeded the speed limit of 80.

• Selvakumar Nagarajan

01:49 PM Tue, August 27, 2013
  • My local mechanic advised tyre pressure 35psi for both ! Really it seems good for riding but still no change in mileage, 40kmpl only! Any tips to reach 45kmpl