Share your knowledge, post technical queries or just showcase your passion for your Royal Enfield with like minded folk. Be a part of these discussions or browse through debates packed with loads of information, from the experts themselves in our archives.

thread

Awesome Mileage ThunderBird 350
  • Awesome Mileage ThunderBird 350

created by: sanket01:30 PMThu, January 3, 2013
  • I Got my BIRD on 14th Dec 2012
    Have completed 1000 Km and i got mileage 42 km/ltr
    By the way i fly with THUNDERBIRD on or below 60 km/hr.
    Loving it!!!!!!!!

• Ritesh verma

11:22 PM Fri, January 4, 2013
  • Great Going Keep it UP.. u will Love It for ur Life

• Bhanu Gupta

12:39 AM Mon, January 7, 2013
  • hey!! i got my birdy on 10nov. its never giving me such a great mileage . she delivers around 14-15kmpl!! and does your electronic indicator shows this much mileage? respond

• Jatin Kalsi

08:13 AM Tue, January 8, 2013
  • Hi Bhanu, In the new TB the electronic cluster does not give you the mileage it gives you the average speed on which you are traveling, I guess you are getting confused with that. Also the new electronic cluster in TB is facing problem in some bikes. It shows wrong fuel reading. The guage shows there is no fuel where as there is 5 to 6 ltrs in the tank. I have a TB500 and its giving me this problem. The local dealer has confirmed it and asked for a replacement for my bike cluster. Hope this clarifies why your bike is not giving good mileage...

• Jatin Kalsi

08:14 AM Tue, January 8, 2013
  • Hi Bhanu, In the new TB the electronic cluster does not give you the mileage it gives you the average speed on which you are traveling, I guess you are getting confused with that. Also the new electronic cluster in TB is facing problem in some bikes. It shows wrong fuel reading. The guage shows there is no fuel where as there is 5 to 6 ltrs in the tank. I have a TB500 and its giving me this problem. The local dealer has confirmed it and asked for a replacement for my bike cluster. Hope this clarifies why your bike is not giving good mileage...

• Jatin Kalsi

08:35 AM Tue, January 8, 2013
  • Hi Bhanu, In the new TB the electronic cluster does not give you the mileage it gives you the average speed on which you are traveling, I guess you are getting confused with that. Also the new electronic cluster in TB is facing problem in some bikes. It shows wrong fuel reading. The gauge shows there is no fuel where as there is 5 to 6 ltrs in the tank. I have a TB500 and its giving me this problem. The local dealer has confirmed it and asked for a replacement for my bike cluster. Hope this clarifies why your bike is not giving good mileage...

• sanket pattekar

12:04 PM Sat, January 12, 2013
  • Hi Bhanu. Ive calculated Mileage when my tank started running on reserve fuel. Its manually calculated. By the way next time i refueled 1000 Rs Petrol. and next reserve was after 580 Km. I Ride on Hiway & city roads both. Next time when ur tank goes to reserve mode Note down the reading , refuel it immediately with 1000 Rs. petrol. & note down the reading again after it goes to reserve mode. U shall get exact mileage. Ride Hard Ride Safe.

• Ankit Kapoor

11:47 AM Tue, January 15, 2013
  • I am first owner of New TBTS 350cc in Pune. Even I got 40km/ltrs. I am loving it :) :) My brother owns Classic 350cc that too gives 42-45kms/ltrs

• Ankit Kapoor

11:47 AM Tue, January 15, 2013
  • I Got my BIRD on 14th Dec 2012

Have completed 1000 Km and i got mileage 42 km/ltr
    By the way i fly with THUNDERBIRD on or below 60 km/hr.
    Loving it!!!!!!!!

I am first owner of New TBTS 350cc in Pune. Even I got 40km/ltr. I am loving it :) :) My brother owns Classic 350cc that too gives 42-45kms/ltr

• Sagar Y

09:04 AM Tue, January 29, 2013
  • I ve clocked 20,000 km on my TBTS... Am getting 40km/l consistently . :)

• Sushant Jadhav

01:25 PM Tue, February 26, 2013
  • Hey Jatin, I have just returned home from the service centre where i got my new TB 350 serviced for the first time.. Until i went there ma electronic cluster was working aboslutely fine. but now it is not working. the select button isnt working. the manager over there said that he will send a report to the company n let me know. But he dint say whethr it ll be replaced or just repaired.. please help what should i do. they havent given anythng to me in writing.. Is this common?? He said this has been happening with some bikes.. Thanks..

• Khalid Tamton

04:50 PM Sun, April 14, 2013
  • Hey Jatin, I have just returned home from the service centre where i got my new TB 350 serviced for the first time.. Until i went there ma electronic cluster was working aboslutely fine. but now it is not working. the select button isnt working. the manager over there said that he will send a report to the company n let me know. But he dint say whethr it ll be replaced or just repaired.. please help what should i do. they havent given anythng to me in writing.. Is this common?? He said this has been happening with some bikes.. Thanks..

Hi all, I have booked the TB350 last week, hope to receive the Bike within the 6 months period. It is a long period to wait for a Bike. My friends has the same and he is getting 42/45KM/ltr

• Sagar Jagtap

03:39 PM Mon, April 15, 2013
  • Hey ankit from which show room you brought the bike ?

• Vinodh Rajaraman

07:56 PM Mon, May 20, 2013
  • The new TBTS digital display is far from perfect, i believe. I have done about 300 kms till now (500 cc) and i guess am getting about 26 kmpl.

• Vikramsinh Ghatge

12:45 PM Thu, May 30, 2013
  • Luckily, I got my TBTS 500 Stone Black within 15 days from booking and Now completed 410 Kms in running in Period (Kmph below 60). Today Checked and Found FE of 40 KMPL with Tank Full to Tank Full Method. Satisfied with FE :)

• william correya

04:34 PM Sat, February 1, 2014
  • hi guys is it true that Tb has more problems than classic coz i am planning to tour all india.. n i dont want problems on the road.. please be honest n its true then i would go for classic..thanx guys n happy riding...cheers

• Himanshu Soni

05:24 PM Thu, March 27, 2014
  • HI, I got my TB on 22 feb 2014..completed 418kms. It is giving me an avg between 25-30kms..will it shoot up after the 1st servicing?

• Ero Sennin

12:13 PM Mon, May 12, 2014
  • I got mine (TBTS 350 )a month back already hit 900km. I am getting 40.90 kmpl. Is that awesome? I measured reserve to reserve.

• Kannan S

12:01 PM Wed, May 14, 2014
  • I got my TBTS 350 One week before, completed 510 kms and yesterday done the first service, i get a mileage of 42kmpl(Reserve-Reserve). I never crossed 60kmph till first service... need to check again now...!

• Keshavan Balasubramanian

05:36 PM Mon, July 21, 2014
  • Hi, I have a TBTS-350. Is there a way to check the fuel-efficiency on the speedometer? If so, how? Thanks, Keshavan

• Ramakar choudhary

01:58 AM Tue, August 5, 2014
  • My Thunderbird is giving me a mileage of 42 km/litre which i suppose is amazing when i think about my way of riding it ...Usually i run this bullet at a usual speed of 60 to 90 and in rarest case i topple it @ 100 + ....Although the digital speedometer shows 22 km/pl but when i checked it properly i found it with such a whooping mileage...i really love this bullet...

• Himanshu Sharma

01:27 PM Thu, October 9, 2014
  • Hi Guys. Good to hear that most of you are getting good mileage. However my TB350 gave me 28km/ltr in city and 35km/ltr on highway ! :( and i am not even going heavy on it. I drive easy most of the times. Getting 2nd service done. Any chances that it will improve ?